Added 4 months ago
Add a jalapeño pepper to this classic chili recipe for a little kick.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lb. ground chuck, browned and drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can pinto or kidney beans
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can chopped stewed tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 (4-1/2-oz.) can diced green chiles
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 chopped jalapeno pepper (optional)
- salt to taste
1. In a separate skillet, heat olive oil until smoking.
2. Brown meat and onions. Drain well.
3. Add all ingredients to the cooking pot; mix well.
4. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3-1/2 to 4 hours.
5. Top with chopped onions, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped tomatoes.
6. Serve with rice or macaroni.